Let’s Not Get Carried Away!
Atul and Justin are playing the hell out of a first person shooter with very limited shooting. The game is Warhammer: The End Times – Vermintide and is developed and published by Fatshark. Vermintide is set in the Warhammer universe and occurs just before “The End Times”.
Vermintide is an online coop game that can have up to 4 players playing together through various types of levels. The ultimate goal is take down as many rat-men as possible while staying alive to reach the end. Players can play as one of five characters: the Witch Hunter, the Bright Wizard, the Elf, the Dwarf, or the Soldier. All characters (more or less) are on the side of good and fight tooth and nail against the skaven horde. They are basically the most awesome exterminators in history.
It is an older game, released in 2015 for PC and 2016 for consoles, but has aged quite well. The graphics and sound are all top notch, and Vermintide 2 was released this year for PC and XBox One. The PS4 release date hasn’t been finalized at this time but hopefully it will be soon.
Ales From Beyond the Valles
Our annual pub crawl came and went this year in Roncesvalles in Toronto, and as always it was a blast. We started at 3PM and managed to hit 7 pubs along the way until calling it quits just after midnight. The lineup for the night was as follows:
- Barque Bar – Smokehouse and bar that serves awesome BBQ and a good selection of beverages.
- The Dizzy – Gastropub/Sports bar with a light atmosphere and pretty awesome nachos.
- Round the Horn – Another pub with a sports bar feel, but also has pinball machines in the back and a mean looking patio. It was too cold to go out there and really enjoy the patio, but that’s what next summer is for!
- Cider House – A more upscale bar/restaurant. Their mulled cider is out of this world and they serve a mean burger.
- The Local – A really cool spot with plenty of seating, live music, and a good selection of different libations to parch your thirst. The decor is very eclectic and the overall feel of the bar is inviting.
- Loons Restaraunt – Pretty simple spot where we got to see Atul get hustled on the shuffleboard table by a couple of regulars.
- Bandit Brewery – Last spot is a foody/beery brewery that Justin has frequented on more than one occasion. Their food is great and they have a great selection of beer that range from ciders to stouts and all that’s in between.
Atul’s art is in full display in the poster/t-shirt design for the occasion. Check it out! Also, a big shout out to Toronto Tees who made the official t-shirts of our outing.